Friday, March 9, 2018

LOST 20 POUNDS IN 4 MONTHS!!!

I am super excited I lost 20 pounds in 4 months! I will let you know how I lost 20 pounds in 4 months. What you don't know about me, I have 2 kids 9 year old son and 4 year old daughter. On my free time I hike, walk, dance, Zumba, swim... when I can. My 8 to 5 however does not allow me to be as active. Last year I spend 3 days at the gym doing intense zumba, it was fun and stress relieving. Spend the summer in the pool, doing up to 40 laps. Didn't loose a single pound, my waistline was still as wide. (Sometimes it's not the weight but how clothes fit)

Exercising with no results is exhausting. Something had to change, I looked at different diets, most of them were not very appealing been there done that with no results. After doing a lot of research I decided on clean eating I modified the Keto diet to fit me, added probiotics, (kimchi, Kombucha and probiotic pills) cut carbs and sugar (researched Glycemic index to figure out which foods are high in sugar). THE MOST AMAZING THING HAPPENED! I started losing 5 pounds per month it doesn't seem like much, but it is to me when I step on the scale weekly. I created a weekly menu that constituted mostly of fruits, green leafy vegetables such as green kale, purple kale, dandelion leaves, protein (Fish, eggs, lamb, shrimp, goat).

For breakfast I ate eggs daily, tried different egg recipes. Lunch - fruit smoothies or fish, chicken and mixed veggies (peas green beans with coconut oil, dinner - my favourite greens, Kale, green beans or dandelion leaves. I used only healthy cooking oils like Coconut and olive oil. At the beginning to curb hunger, I ate peanut butter, a piece of 50% chocolate.

I still have 20 more to go hopefully by my birthday I will reach my pre-pregnancy weight. It's been really cold I lost the weight without going to the gym, I exercise in the house but not as intensely. Changing my lifestyle was really the biggest factor. Clean eating is a lifestyle. I am doing it it's doable. You can do it!!! Do your research, know what you are putting in your body, make healthy choices. Like a wise person once said "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.”

No comments:

Post a Comment